Effective Date: April 12, 2019
IndyCare has a firm policy of protecting the confidentiality and security of information that we collect from our customers. We only have access to collect information that you give us voluntarily and we do not share this information with unaffiliated third parties. Information is only shared with your consent, except for the specific purposes described below, in accordance with all applicable law. Also, IndyCare is in full compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information. Please read this policy carefully. It provides you with important information about how we handle your personal information.
IndyCare reserves the right to change this policy at any time. When we make a change to this policy, we will post a notification on the main page of our Website, update the date at the top of this page and send customers an email. We encourage you to check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
Use of Information
We limit the collection and use of non-public personal information to the minimum we believe is necessary to deliver superior service to you. Services can include maintaining, evaluation and improving our Website, providing customer support and sending appointment confirmations and reminders.
What We Collect
We may obtain non-public personal information directly from you or your agents whether in person, by telephone or electronically.
We may obtain the following information:
- First name and last name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Reason for Visit
- Website traffic reports through Google Analytics
We do not disclose any of your non-public personal information, except when we believe it necessary to the conduct of our business, or where law requires disclosure.
As part of conducing our business, we may disclose personal information to our service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data analyses, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provisions, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
In the event that IndyCare or some or all of our business, assets or stock are sold or transferred (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), or to the extent that we engage in business negotiations with third parties, personal information may be transferred to or shared with third parties as part of any such transaction or negotiation.
Except in these specific, limited situations, without your consent, we will not make any disclosures of non-public personal information to other companies who may want to sell their products or services to you.
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require certain information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Particularly, the information we gather will be used for the following reasons:
- We will use your email address to send appointment confirmations and reminders.
- If you provide us with your phone number and give us permission to send you text messages, IndyCare will send you text messages about wait times and other updates regarding your schedule visit.
- The combination of your name, email, phone number and date of birth will be used to uniquely identify you, which will allow IndyCare to determine if you are a new or existing patient.
- Your “reason for visiting” will be used by IndyCare to plan accordingly and confirm that the visit is appropriate for our practice.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. In ensuring that your information is secure we 1.) Encrypt web traffic data via SSL, 2.) Maintain highly secured networks, 3) Transfer Date of Birth and Reason for Visiting information held on our secured network to the medical practice over encrypted channels, 4) Never include Date of Birth or any medical information in emails regarding medical appointments and 5) Limit the number of individuals who have special access rights to our systems.
- Store login information that persists across the user’s session.
- Customize your site experience. For example, our systems will store information about the last city you searched in and use that as the starting point the next time you visit the site.
- Generate website traffic reports in Google Analytic (GA). GA uses its own cookies to provide this information.
If you disable cookies in your browser, you will not be able to make appointments or sign up for waitlists.
If you have any questions or concerns about this statement, or about the way your information is collected and used, please contact us immediately via mail at Attn: Privacy Officer, IndyCare, 9555 US 15 501 N, Chapel Hill, NC 27517.