In-Home Flu Treatment in Hillsborough, NC
Got the flu? We come to you? IndyCare brings flu treatment to your front door.
How does IndyCare’s at-home flu treatment work?
-Tamiflu (Oseltamivir ) treatment contingent on positive influenza test.
-At home flu treatment only available for patients age 16 – 65 years old.
-Not available for the following patients:
Pregnant women (and women up to two weeks postpartum)
- Neurological and neurodevelopmental conditions (including disorders of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and muscle such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy [seizure disorders], stroke, intellectual disability [mental retardation], moderate to severe developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, or spinal cord injury)
- Chronic lung disease (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD] and cystic fibrosis)
- Heart disease (such as congenital heart disease, congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease)
- Blood disorders (such as sickle cell disease)
- Endocrine disorders (such as diabetes mellitus)
- Kidney disorders
- Liver disorders
- Metabolic disorders (such as inherited metabolic disorders and mitochondrial disorders)
- Weakened immune system due to disease or medication (such as people with HIV or AIDS, or cancer, or those on chronic steroids)
- People with extreme obesity (body mass index [BMI} of 40 or greater)
Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
People with certain chronic medical conditions, including: